Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 11 Google Earth Lab



Trying to decide where the best place to place a wind turbine farm was quit hard. I don't know if I picked the best place but it seems the best for the moment. I chose to put the wind farm out in the Great Lakes because of several reasons. Some are the reasons consist of the general public and the effects of the visual of the wind turbines. Even I would not want to see them in my visual area where I live. There are in fact some parks in the area but I chose to put the farm far enough out that it is not much of a concern to nearby campers and tourist. The affects on wildlife is also not affected. Birds migrating in the area as well would not effect them. Shadows and sounds would not effect the population either. There is enough wind speed year round in this area to produce enough energy to be sufficient to work properly. Winds to high might effect in the long run and cause more maintenance to the turbines. Therefore my selection for the farm would be a great area to conserve energy in the greenest and safest ways known to man.
I watched a show on the History channel about the effects of wind turbines and how it would be over time after the life of people. The show is called Life After People. I don't remember the episode name but it was a few months ago. How ironic we are doing an assignment on Wind Turbines. As I looked up the shows name I noticed that a show on How the Earth was made and it was about the Great Lakes. How weard is that. Here is an address if anyone is interested in watching it. http://www.history.com/shows/how-the-earth-was-made

No comments:

Post a Comment