Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Map Critique Lab 1



I consider these two maps as bad maps because Map 1 at the top has inaccurate information and does not make sense. This bad map is a cluttered mess, confuses the reader and has a disorganized layout.
I found Map 2 on a news web site. That map shows an accident site. Not much on exactly where the accident site is. Is it the north bound side of the State Parkway, or is it the South bound side of the parkway? Or maybe it is not at all on the Taconic State Parkway. Your guess is as good as mine.



I found this map on a web page for a B&B Inn called Hound & Hare. I thought this map is a good map because it shows you where they are located with some directions just below the map. Also, the map shows you a more detailed view of the downtown area with the Cornell University, Ithaca College, Cayuga Lake and Shopping Centers. They mention on the site that there are also marvelous concerts, theaters and restaurants near bay as well. I found it fascinating so I included an article with some history of the place.
Professor Samuel Boothroyd built this magnificent white brick Colonial Style house in 1829 on a Military Tract given to my family by George Washington for service in the Revolutionary War. Explore the splendid herb gardens, fragrant rose beds and visit the old fashion lily pond and fountain! Surrounded by giant pines and expansive lawns, peace abounds for all who enter.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have found my maps but do not know how to post them to my blog. Could you tell me how you posted them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you log into your blog there is a place that says new post. Then you insert your jpeg then the discription about the map. I had trouble at first because when you go to insert the second jpeg it goes right under the other so you just separate them by pressing enter then post your comment about them under the jpeg. Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete